Terms and ConditionsLast updated: Nov 2020
References to ‘we,’ ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to VO2 Gym (V O TWO GYM - CRN 33549), and whose registered office is Villaggio
Mall, Al Saab Street, Doha, QA. It maintains the website (vo2gymqa.com)
References to ‘you,’ ‘your’ and ‘yours,’ and after acceptance, the member, are references to the individual completing the membership application form. You must be aged 18 or over to register your membership via our website. If you are under the age of 18, you are not eligible to register via our website.
- This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions in the declaration section of the web sign up process.
- All membership pricing & options are displayed on our website.
- All paid membership dues are in principle non-refundable and paid upfront.
- All new memberships are subject to the approval of the management. The management reserves the right to reject an application for membership to the Gym for any reason whatsoever, in their absolute discretion.
- Your membership starts on the “start date” chosen on the website.
- This agreement will become binding on you and us, and you will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else without the written approval of the management of VO2 Gym . An already transferred membership cannot be transferred again.
- The Laws of Qatar shall govern the Terms & Conditions, without regards to conflict of laws principles. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Qatar.
- Qatar is our Country of Domicile.
- VO2Gym controls the website vo2gymqa.com site from . VO2 Gym makes no representation that this site is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this site from other locations, you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to any Qatar’s export laws and regulations.
- VO2 Gym will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of Qatar.
PHYSICAL HEALTH OF MEMBER
- In accepting these Terms & Conditions the member warrants and also represents that he/she is in good health and is not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise. The member further warrants that such exercise would not be detrimental to their health, safety, comfort, well- being or physical condition.
- The member shall not use any VO2Gym gym facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
- Before using the VO2Gym facility, the member must read and confirm the agreement of our Member Health Declaration Form by clicking on the signing the agreement digitally on the website.
- If a member is taking medication and is aware of a condition that may affect them taking part in exercise a doctor’s letter will be needed and to be submitted to management via the reception.
- You must not allow anyone to access the gym using your credentials. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of your membership. Fees paid to date will be not refundable and re-joining is subject to management approval.
- You must not jump over the turnstiles at any time for any reason. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of your membership and possibly legal action. Fees paid to date will be not refundable.
FEES, CHARGES AND COLLECTION
- The Memberships and Packages are due in full, upfront, in advance prior to using the services and purchased memberships and packages are strictly non-refundable and subject to the advertised expiry dates.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to your Member Details provided.
- You agree to retain a copy of all transaction records and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account.
- All credit/debit card details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- VO2 Gym will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
- VO2 Gym takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, VO2 Gym cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- We accept payments online by Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards in QAR (Qatari Riyal) for our memberships and other products and services.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secure connection.
- You as the cardholder must retain a copy of all transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and payment details.
- Multiple transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
- If the refund claim is valid, it will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
- This agreement may be frozen for one month (30 days consecutively).
- Once you have utilized the opportunity to freeze, you are not able to freeze your membership again, within a period of 12 months, regardless of the circumstances. It does not matter if you have used less than 30 days of freezing period.
- Once your freeze has been processed you will not have access to the facilities until the freeze period has come to an end.
- In the course of completing your membership, we may collect certain personal information about you including personal details and information about your health and person. We will use this information for purposes including managing your membership and communicating with you. You have the duty to keep your personal information up to date and to inform us of any significant changes.
- We will limit access to the processing of and use of your personal information to our employees and management who may, from time to time, require its use for marketing or other services. In addition, from time to time, we may need to make your personal information available to third parties such as legal authorities.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about how we will use and store your personal information or if you wish to exercise your right to access, modify, object to the use of or request the deletion of your personal information.
- We reserve the right to take photographs and videos of our facilities (which may include you, provided your inclusion is incidental - applies to the male side only) for press and promotional purposes.
- We will endeavor to use whatever method of communication deemed appropriate to notify you of the Gym information in order to best serve your experience and assume that the information provided by you is correct and an acceptable method to provide you with this information.
- For the purposes of these terms “Personal Data” means any information from which you may be identified. Personal Data includes information about you (for example, your name, phone number, email address, address or date of birth), financial information, payment information, or information relating to any physical health conditions you may have.
- When you sign up to be a member of our gym or if you use any of our services (for example, a drop-in class), we will ask you to provide certain Personal Data about you. The protection and integrity of your Personal Data is very important to us.
- We will only use your Personal Data to register you as a new customer, to manage your relationship with us, to improve our products/services, marketing or customer relationships, or to recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
- We will comply with the applicable data protection laws that are from time to time in force in Qatar when handling your Personal Data.
- We will ensure that your Personal Data is processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction of damage.
- If you have any concerns about how we collect, process, store or otherwise use your Personal Data please contact our Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a member of VO2 Gym , you acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions of this paragraph and that you agree that we may collect, use, process and disclose your personal information as described here.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All members are required to accept our “Member Health Declaration Form” at the point of registration and before commencing any exercise within the Gym.
- Members should be considerate of other members by using their own workout towel when using any of the exercise stations.
- Members are requested to return all portable equipment to the racks provided.
- Members unsure about any equipment should consult a member of staff.
- Fitness instructors and VO2 Gym members of staff are authorized to stop anyone from exercising if in their opinion the member/guest is exercising in a manner that may result in personal injury and/or injury to others. Users must abide by the guidance of Gym instructors and the VO2 Gym team.
- While every precaution is taken to maintain safety standards, all equipment and facilities are used entirely at the members or guests own risk. Any malfunction of equipment noted should be reported to a member of staff as soon as it is noticed.
- We reserve the right to close any part of the building or withdraw equipment for conducting essential repairs or maintenance. Prior notice will be given where possible to avoid inconvenience.
- VO2 Gym operates a strict no smoking policy.
- All members are required to wear proper Gym attire when exercising and to dress modestly when working out. Non-workout clothes, torn clothes, jeans, denim shorts and leather shoes are prohibited. Any member not wearing appropriate gym attire can be dismissed from the use of the facility by the VO2 Gym team or gym instructors.
- Non-marking, closed, rubber soled sports shoes/footwear are required at all times in the Gymnasium. “Crocs” and “flip-flops” are not considered suitable workout shoes. Any member not wearing appropriate footwear can be dismissed from the use of the facility by the VO2 Gym team or gym instructors.
- Members should always remain modestly and appropriately dressed, including in the changing areas.
- Nudity is strictly not permitted.
- Repeated offences in above dress code might result in termination of the membership fee. No fees paid to date will be refundable.
- All lockers must be locked at all times during your visit at VO2 Gym. The gym and its team are not responsible for any theft whatsoever or under any circumstances; the member is always liable for their personal items.
- Temporary lockers are available on site and and are for members only every member must remove their personal belongings at the completion of their visit. The Gym has the right to open any locks and remove personal belongings that are left in the lockers at the end of each day.
- Unclaimed property shall be kept by the Gym for a period of three days after which the management reserves the right to dispose of the items in such way it deems suitable in their entire discretion.
- Members and guests must treat VO2 Gym facilities and one another with respect; failure to comply shall constitute a serious breach of the terms of membership and could result in the loss of membership.
- We reserve the right to prevent access to, or use of, the facilities by anyone deemed to be acting inappropriately or behaving in an unacceptable manner, as determined by VO2 Gym Management.
- As a courtesy to other members, Gym equipment should be wiped down by members after use, and all equipment returned to its correct position.
- Any anti-social or offensive behavior will result in the member or guest being immediately evicted from the Gym and your membership cancelled, without the right to refund any fees paid.
- VO2 Gym social Media platforms are intended as a means of creating community, facilitating communications, and providing a forum for the expression of feedback. Inflammatory posts, including any content which is judged by our management at its absolute discretion to be considered inappropriate, may be subject to remedial action, including removal of the offending posts, blocking access, and termination of membership without refund, as a consequence of serious misconduct.
- Good personal hygiene is mandatory, and any member who causes offences will be asked to remedy the offending problem or leave the Gym and membership may be cancelled at the sole discretion of VO2 Gym management.
- The management accepts no responsibility for theft or damage to a member’s personal belongings kept in the lockers or otherwise for any reason whatsoever.
- The use of mobile phones with camera features and/or and other types of visual records in changing rooms are strictly prohibited, and members are requested to ensure that they do not offend any other person when utilizing such equipment within our facility. It is the members responsibility to seek consent of other members who may appear in personal pictures or video incidentally.
- Members and guests are not allowed to eat food in the Gym.
- The normal hours of operation are as indicated from time to time on the website. The management reserves the right to adjust the hours for the purpose of cleaning, decorating, repairs and special private functions and holidays.
- VO2 Gym may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Gym rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- Soliciting and selling private personal training sessions or merchandise of any type to any member is prohibited and may result in immediate termination of your membership and legal action. Only VO2 Gym approved personnel are entitled to conduct Personal Training sessions with VO2 Gym members. You can identify VO2 Gym approved personnel on their uniform or inquire with management about team members available.
- All members must abide by the Gym rules of which may be amended and/or added to from time to time at the management’s discretion.
- Failure by the management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights.
- Members and/or guests are not allowed to copy any of our facility’s interior designs, promotional materials, tag lines, themes or concepts. We reserve the right to proceed with legal action against any member caught distributing, sharing or supplying such contents to any third- party vendor or competitor.
- The VO2 Gym website may automatically produce search results that reference and/or link to third party sites throughout the Web. We have no control over these sites or the content within them. VO2 Gym does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. VO2 Gym does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor does it make any representation or warranty about these sites, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against VO2 Gym for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site.
- VO2 Gym is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- Our Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards of our operations and changing regulatory requirements. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion. By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. Therefore, members are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
The above terms and conditions intend to outline all rules, regulations and code of conduct within VO2 Gym facilities. All members must abide by the federal laws of Qatar and use common sense, while using VO2 Gym facilities. VO2 Gym intends to provide fitness for everyone, regardless of gender, race, and religion.